Monday, March 12, 2012

Will catfish eat plecos?

I definitly dont want them to but i was wondering. I had cory cats in the tank and added two bumblebee catfish. They ate all the cory cats but have not tried (i guess) to eat the plecos. i have a small golden nugget and green phantom. Should i be worried for the plecos?Will catfish eat plecos?
I am surprised that the bumblebee's ate the cories, because cories when they get into trouble will lock the barbs on their dorsal and pectoral fins often to the detriment to both the predator and the prey. I take it your cories were really small or your bumblebees are quite large?



I wouldn't worry about the pair of plecos unless the size difference is greater than 4-5 inches, which it should since I don't believe bumblebees grow much longer, than that, but I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment