Monday, March 12, 2012

Does anyone have a fear of never hearing a particular song again?

Sometimes I hear a song on the radio or something that just strikes a magical chord with me, and I can't find the name of the artist or the title. These are usually old songs or obscure songs. Does anyone have similar feelings?



Sometimes I get a chance to hear the song again and then it's like I found a golden nugget. Sometimes a popular band or singer will do a remake and then I get a chance to find the original artist and song, like the version of 'Last kiss' by Pearl Jam. I had heard the song before, maybe once or twice around the time a friend of mine died in a car crash (long before the Pearl Jam version) and then I didn't hear it again until Pearl Jam's remake.



My dad and I were working together one day and the P.J. version came on. My dad asked me "Who's this?" and I told him, "Pearl Jam, you know, that band you call 'headhunter music', but it might be a solo by the lead singer Eddie Vedder, so I heard. He went to get a couple of ice teas and put on the original.Does anyone have a fear of never hearing a particular song again?
I have that feeling a lot. I feel as though finding the title of the song in question and the artist is an urgent need... and I do often experience a feeling somewhat like fear that I'll never hear the song again and that I won't be able to find it. I wish the radio would announce stuff like that...
Yes, I do but you have to remember some parts of the lyrics and google it and youll probably find that song.Does anyone have a fear of never hearing a particular song again?
I can't wait for my children to tell me I listen to oldies. LOL. Can you imagine some of this music today ever sounding like the 50's? I mean we would look like fools to our children dancing to Fergie. The joys of getting old.
I'm always afraid that I'll never get to hear a song again. I listen to internet radio and it doesn't always give you the artist or name so I find myself frantically searching for lyrics all over the internet.



It's suprisingly unhelpful when it comes to looking up obscure lyrics.

:(
My favorite radio station posts play lists! The play lists are found on their website and you can find out the song and artist of a song that is being played right now or 3 weeks ago!



KRCL 90.9. Utah's Independent Radio! You will find no other radio station like it! No Sean Hannity, no Rush, no O Riley! Just music! Be warned though ..... you will love it! Listen to it online! KRCL 90.9 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Streaming Live!!!
I have a fear of losing songs that I write.

I record everything constantly, even if its just a simple progression played in a certain way just so I don't lose it. (Then I'm so horribly unorganized with my blank tapes I end up having to dig through piles and bags of unlabeled tapes just to find this one part I wrote two weeks ago.)

I'm more laid back with it these days, but if a certain part that I really like hits me, I grab the tape recorder almost immediately. I got in to this habit a long time ago after losing several songs to my swiss cheese memory.



I hear you on the obscure stuff too.

I get songs that run through my head all the time from the past that I wish I still had.

(Sometimes you'll get lucky and find it online and it makes your whole day!)
Saw a song on the Jools Holland show once. It was just a guy at a piano. It sounded like a great song but I do not know the artist or the title. It might have been Ben Folds' and the song title might contain the word 'secret'.

I doubt I will ever know.

By the way, I am pretty sure that Last Kiss was a PJ effort, as opposed to a Vedder solo cover.
No, I've always gotten all the songs I wanted. I had lots of them from the 50's, 60's and 70's anyway. I'm in my 50's so its not been really hard to get what I wanted, cuz I usually bought it as it was out or ordered from these oldies web sites, or at the time we ordered through the mail. I've been lucky thus far and I have a huge collection of music, all genres, but rap, no way! I have rock, jazz, blues, country, alternative/punk, easy listening/pop, 40's swing, disco, R%26amp;B, lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment