Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Will a golden nugget pleco get along with a green terror cichlid?

If the pleco is larger with they get along? What about a normal pleco?Will a golden nugget pleco get along with a green terror cichlid?
I've found that green terrors arn't quite so terrible.



I'd put them together, my green terror doesn't bother any of my catfish/plecs.



Go for it
You are definitely taking a chance. I had a tank with cichlids and just your standard pleco. They got along just fine for over a year, then one day my pleco was gone. Absolutley no remnants whatsoever. Cichlids are very hard to put with non-agressive fish since they themselves are VERY territorial. Being you are looking into a gold nugget, I'm guessing it has a pretty big price tag. I personally would not take the chance. The only option I could think of is to create an ideal tank for the cichlid, which would entail making many places for it to hide in. Slate is great for creating those nooks, but can get pricy. Also, lot of slate will cause the need for a powerhead to get that water circulating...a necessity when you have a lot of slate. Hope this helps!Will a golden nugget pleco get along with a green terror cichlid?
common pleco will be good with the green terror cichlid good luck
I wouldn't keep a gold nugget with it just because they're small, and expensive. A common pleco should do well though, because they grow much bigger.
  • traffic cameras
  • billy elliot san francisco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment