Friday, March 9, 2012

I need to find some great books in the horror genre? Everything I find seems awful?

Does anyone know some great horror books? If the horror genre in literature is anything like the horror genre in cinema I'm guessing 99% is awful but there are some golden nuggets hidden among the garbage. Anyone know what they are? I need to find some great books in the horror genre? Everything I find seems awful?
Scott Sigler's Infected

Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas ( I like Brother Odd best but they are better if you can read in order)
I've been trying to find something really good in the horror genre too. Don't read The Amityville Horror. Piece of garbage, in my opinion. I was really disappointed by it. Someone recommended Hell House to me, and it was actually really good. It was probably the best haunted house novel I've read. I'm reading the Exorcist right now, but that's not really impressing me much either. House of Leaves is pretty good. It's really strange, but it's good. I need to find some great books in the horror genre? Everything I find seems awful?
John Saul writes some great horror books:-



Comes the Blind Fury

Nathaniel

The Unwanted

Creature

The Unloved

Second Child

When the Wind Blows

Cry for the Strangers

All Fall Down

Punish the Sinners

Suffer the Children

Black Lightning

The Homing

Brain Child

Guardian

Shadows

The Blackstone Chronicles

The Right Hand of Evil

The Presence

Nightshade

Hellfire

The God Project

Sleepwalk

Darkness



Stephen King's early books are great too

James Herbert - 48, Magic Cottage, Once, Fog, Rats, Lair, Domain, Fluke

Joe Hill - Heart Shaped Box and 20th Century Ghosts
1. Deep in the darkness

2. Horowitz Horror: Stories You'll Wish You Never Read

3. The midnight road

4. The taken

5. The mammoth book of best new horrors

6. On Writing Horror: A Handbook by the Horror Writers Association

7. Cellar of horror

8. The Amityville Horror
Edgar Allan Poe



How could anyone give Poe a thumbs-down? His stories are the only horror I've read that is actually good (admittedly, it's not really my genre, so I haven't read much).
Hunted by Tamara Thorne (I love this book and its one that I re-read a lot)

The Blackstone Chronicles by John Saul

The Unloved by John Saul

Superstitious by R. L. Stine




have you ever tried reading stephen king books? those are good. though the books they mentioned above looks good too.
try some chuck palahniuk. esp "haunted"



it's more horrifying in a gory way tho.
  • bonefish grill menu
  • dominoes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment